Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tues~

   We flew out at 10:45 from SLC to MCO. We asked for seats together and Delta upgraded us to the extra leg room seats at no extra charge. We arrived just as the sun was setting in Tampa. I had originally booked at Madeira Bch and the Resort Rental Co called 10 days before we left and said they were renovating and we didn't even have a balcony so suggested we choose another condo or get our money back. Marsha & Gary had just committed and got airline tickets the day before the call. I told Tom I'm not telling Marsha we don't have a plan until we have a new plan. ha We didn't have much choice left but decided on Lands End. I told myself I would not stress about a vacation as I feel so lucky to get to go. The good thing is if you book 10 days or less before arriving you get a 10% discount so that saved us almost $200.  And we were so happy with Lands End. Our condo was perfect. A gated community on the end of Treasure Island with covered parking and an elevator to our 3rd floor "Holiday House" for the week. Two bedroom, two bathroom, newly remodeled kitchen and balcony facing the gulf of Mexico.
   Tom and I decided to take a flash light and walk on the beach the first night and there were lots of dead fish and our throats were itchy. At that point I was ready to go find another place to stay and thought "what have I got us into?"  And how far is it to drive to Amelia Island, FL?

No comments: