Monday, April 11, 2016

Helping Mimi pack and trying out my new computer to take on vacation.

   It is amazing we are really packing to go on this trip. We had frequent flier miles so I started planning a vacation, Originally were were going to Amelia Island, FL, Savannah, GA and Hilton Head. We were changing resorts every 2 days and driving lots.
   On March 15th I got a call at work from the Hwy Patrol in OR and our driver Milton had been killed in a truck accident. I had worked with Milton for 20 yrs. This is the 2nd driver to be killed in 9 months at Savannah. Besides the sad, personal part of it we had the financial, insurance denial or huge increases and talk of if we could even stay open. Lots to think about. Should I cancel vacation and save our money? Or go for it and enjoy life?  Our final decision was to go while we can. But the whole changing resorts and driving didn't seem very relaxing anymore. In the end I booked a resort for a whole week on the gulf side. Walking the beach and looking for seashells was what I needed.

No comments: