Saturday, October 3, 2015

Mapleton's Class Reunion

We rushed back from KS in time to go to Mapleton's all school reunion. A couple very important things I learned there.
#1. A girl named Rhonda came up to me and said "Do you remember me? We worked together at Arby's and when you told me you were dating Tom McCarty I told you  Really? Why?" I had totally forgot that until now, but I remember at the time thinking she's just jealous. I informed cute little Rhonda that he has been a great husband, very easy to live with and has provided very well thank you.  I can't believe she remembered that after 40 yrs.  So glad I didn't listen to her.
#2  The next girl that approached us was a gal named Cindy. She had one eye. She said "TOM MCCARTY, do you remember me from 3rd grade? You got in so much trouble but you always stuck up for me when people picked on me. I have never forgot you."  What a great way to be remembered, so proud of him. He has always been kind to everyone.
#3  Tom's family lived on a farm when he was growing up. His Dad was raising greyhounds. Probably one of the least expensive homes in the area. At least 5 people came up and told him "You lived in the best place. We could fish and run around and had so much fun!"  So a price of your home is not important to enjoy life.
#4  Several people asked about Dewayne and called him his nickname Inky. So nice to be around people that remember him.
#5 and the thing reminisced about the most was playing football when they were about Gavin's age thru high school. I guess maybe football is a good thing to have in your life.
All in all in was a great night. Lots of familiar faces and memories. And since I missed mine in Aug this was the next best thing.

No comments: