Monday, July 22, 2013

Week in Review

Grandma Joan got a new neighbor on Thursday. Alex and Marianne's daughter Tracy died this week at the age of 28. Her grave is just a couple rows behind Joan. My heart just hurts for them.


Our week end was like a staycation. Sat morning we went to the farmers market in downtown SLC, The Urban Arts Festival (which had some very disturbing art) and to Costco to spend a couple hundred dollars.
In the afternoon we went to Carolyn's retirement party. She had an old board sitting in an old window that I spotted. It was previously attached to some ammunition boxes that had been on their property since the 1950's. She said she had searched for the Shackelfords and never had any luck. I told her we had a good friend named Ron Shackelford and may I take a picture and send it to him. Within a couple minutes Ronnie was calling me back saying this was his Dad! It was a box his Dad sent to his Mom during WW2. His dad was stationed in the Phillipines. Ronnie was thrilled that Carolyn told me to take it home for him. Such a small world.
 And we ended the evening going to a Bee's BB game and fireworks with Chels & Shane.



No comments: