Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Project 2015


Tom and I helped deliver meals again this year in Tooele thanks to  Denny's for making over 800 meals. Our first delivery was to a trailer and I saw beer cans in the trash. They didn't answer the door or the phone # we had so we took that one back. The 2nd was 11 meals to a Mexican family who could not speak English. They were really happy to see us and had the best smiles. I practiced my Spanish counting to 11 and wanted to tell them we were going to Cancun on Sat, but didn't. The 3rd had a full large bottle of beer sitting in the driveway next to their car. They had a sign on the door that they were in the shower and to leave it on the front porch.(Maybe someone was delivering beer also to go with the meals?)  I told Tom I was not going to judge but I really enjoyed delivering to the little old ladies last year much better than the trailer court. And it was a good day even tho we weren't with family. 

No comments: