Thursday, March 12, 2015

Remembering Jesse and the sentencing of Larry Beach.

Monday night we went to a candlelight vigil for Jesse. It was really nice. Matt sang a song on the guitar he wrote. Then Matt & Darcy stayed with us this week. I knew it would be a really emotional week but it was REALLY EMOTIONAL. Not sure if losing your only child  to such a violent crime ever gets any easier. Last week I was telling someone that I was dreading the next week and would be glad when it was over. This person told me "Well you and Tommy are strong, if it was me I'd be under a rock".   At first I thought yes we are pretty strong, then I thought of the quote: "You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is The Only Choice You Have." 
 
I don't think I could ever stand up in a courtroom and face the kid that stabbed my son. I'm not sure I could even make it through the year. I hope finding out how strong I really am, is not something I ever have to find out.

No comments: