Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mimi Day ~ Halloween 2012

   Before Gavin was born and before Mimi Days' every Wednesday I helped Tom and ran errands and caught up on housework. Now that Gavin is in school I'm starting to get my Wednesdays back.
   This morning Tom and I worked in his office and ran errands all morning long just like in the old days.  We went to the Senior Citizens Ctr where we voted early and met some new friends and felt very young. In the afternoon we went to Gavin's Halloween party at school where we felt very old.
   I made chili like I have every Halloween for years and we went to Powell's street like we always do. We walked home from there because it was so warm and we needed exercise and we got behind some rowdy teen age boys. They were throwing firecrackers & trash & swearing and being kids. Tom told them there was a trash can close by they could use and then one of them starting singing a song about an old man. Yes, I guess we're old now. But we have to be old to have our grandbabies and we wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. And on a side note; Tom said he could still kick those kids ass if he had to.

No comments: