Monday, August 6, 2012

Yellowstone

This week-end I really wanted to go to the McIntyre family reunion, but also wanted to stay close in case Clay & Tara needed us. So being the "helicopter parents" we are we decided to go to Yellowstone and to Wendells cabin so we would be half way to Great Falls, just in case...  I mentioned to Tom that I hadn't been to Yellowstone since I had a digital camera so when I got home from work he said I have a present for you. "If we're going to take pictures of Yellowstone, you need a better camera." So it was fun experimenting with beautiful scenery, but I decided my true passion is taking pictures of grandbabies.
Full Moon at the cabin.


I love waking up to these Tetons.



Stopped for Ice cream and to get my Nat'l Park Passport book stamped.

Saw lots of buffalo. This gentleman went to the road, stopped traffic and helped this little sweetie cross the road.

Tom's favorite family vacation memory (when he was about 6) was fishing on this bridge right here in Yellowstone. They stopped fishing on it in 1973.

We were watching this big old Mama Moose and all the sudden these two babies poked their heads out. What a bonus.  I love anything babies.


We made it back in time for Wendell to cut the grass and see a beautiful sunset.

No comments: