Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Books~One of my favorite things.

Last night I finished reading: THE SHACK
The Shack tells the story of Mackenzie Philips and how he recovers his faith in God after the abduction and murder of his youngest daughter.  I normally don't like books about murders, because sometimes I dream about the characters when I read before bedtime. This was a little slow in the middle, but the end was very good. It was alot about forgiveness, which we all need to learn to do.

The book before that one was Heaven Is for Real and the true story of a four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. I mailed it to Mom and Dad  & the same day their friend Elaine mailed the exact same book. It was light hearted, in familiar area geographically, and it made me happy reading it.


The next book on my nightstand is called THE HELP. The movie came out this week and the reviews said to make sure you read the book before seeing the movie, so that's what I'm doing.
It is about African American maids working in white households in Jackson, Mississippi during the early 1960s.

I decided since this blog is my photo journal I needed to add things I love and things that make me happy. I can't imagine life without a good book beside my bed.


No comments: