Sunday, July 31, 2011

Timpanoga Caves

I got this bright idea that Gavin needed to see Timpanoga Caves. I had this same bright idea 25 yrs ago when we took Clay & Chels and Tom had to carry Chel most of the way up. When I called to make reservations, the gal on the phone (very friendly and in her early twenties I'm guessing)  told me we may want to come early and allow extra time since I told her we were grandparents taking our 5 yr old grandson. She had me scared by the time we arrived. We took our time, took lots of water & snacks, and it was great.
I'm hoping in another 25 or 30 yrs Boo will hike up with his kids and tell them about the time he hiked it with his "old" Mimi and Papa. Tom said he thinks this will be the last time he hikes it. Unless Killian wants to go....





3/4 of the way.

Made it to the top. Yah!

Beautiful inside.


The "heart" of Timpanoga's.

No comments: