Sunday, May 22, 2011

Anniversary Road Trip

Sat morning around 10am I was on the treadmill, watching a DVR of Brothers & Sisters and Tom came up and asked if I wanted to do something crazy.  He said Wendell & Carole are at the cabin, lets drive up. I had a million reasons why we couldn't. I had a facial scheduled, laundry to do, and Boo and Chels to take care of,  but most of all it was a 4.5 hr drive each way.  He asked me if  he took care of everything would I want to go, then reminded me 4.5 hrs was how long it took to golf 18 holes. So I'm thinking Go on a nice road trip to see beautiful country and good friends or stay home while he golfs 18 holes.(One advantage to being married this long is I knew what he was thinking) ha  I had my bag packed and was in the car an hour later.  I think we were in the car 11 hours, at the cabin 16 hours, which 7 of those hours we were sleeping. Then we were back home, relaxed and ready for another week. It was such a quick trip we didn't even stop to take pictures of any of the beautiful scenery. There's something about being in the car, talking, and looking at the most amazing landscapes (because of all the rain the colors of the mountains & clouds & grass looked like God had pushed Boost on photoshop) that puts life back into perspective.

No comments: